HP unveils durable textiles for Latex printers and OS Platform
HP has announced a new range of durable textiles certified for HP Latex printers to produce soft signage and décor applications “combining durability and outstanding print quality with the benefits of water-based HP Latex technology,” said the OEM. The new textiles from selected media vendors expand the possibilities for durable HP Latex printing for soft signage applications – including backlit and front-lit banners, blockouts, backdrops, and POP displays – with improved durability. These textiles also enable new home décor applications – such as curtains and blinds, cushions, lampshades and bags – on materials made from 100% cotton, cotton linen or polyester. Some of the new textiles can also achieve washability with a heating process after printing.
“We continue to expand on HP’s promise to deliver new possibilities for HP Latex printers. New durable textiles for soft signage and décor open new growth opportunities with HP Latex water-based technology,” said J. Pérez Pericot, General Manager, HP Large Format Graphics Business. “Unlike solvent-based printers, HP Latex technology can print on traditional signage substrates such as banners and vinyls, in addition to textiles, including uncoated substrates.”
HP PrintOS for sign and display production
HP PrintOS print production operating system is also expanding for sign and display. PrintOS enables print shops to simplify and automate production of signage and decoration applications. The powerful apps running on the PrintOS platform bring cloud advantages, with low start-up costs, easy set-up,and unlimited capacity, said HP. The PrintOS apps for sign and display printing include:
- Applications Center – offering easy access to HP Signage Suite for easy, web-based design and ordering jobs for signage and décor, and HP WallArt Suite for decorative applications. HP WallArt Suite has been updated to include cushions as a new application, in addition to wallcoverings, canvas, decoration and posters.
- HP Media Solutions Locator – a fast way to find certified media availability by region.
- HP Print Beat – providing visibility into press/printer performance for continuous improvement of print production operations.
- HP Latex Mobile App – enabling unattended printing by getting printer alerts when operators aren’t in front of the printer, or even when they’re out of the shop.
- HP PrintOS Box – a file exchange which simplifies print file receipt, content validation and routing to production.